Hendersonville City Hall
City of Hendersonville, Hendersonville, NC
The Hendersonville City Hall has been continuously occupied since its opening in 1929. Placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, it remains a prominent landmark. This 26,000 SF design renovation turned the building into a state-of-the-art government facility that more effectively serves the public while preserving the original grace and character of the structure. New heating, air-conditioning, plumbing, and electrical/electronic systems were provided throughout the building, as well as a modern audio-visual presentation system, electronic data, communications, security, and surveillance systems. Plans included moving the previously remote Police Department into this building, joining 3 other city departments: Governance and City Administration, Finance, and Planning. A “second main entrance” and new elevator were added on the ground level, making the building fully accessible to persons with disabilities.
Architect of Record : Alan McGuinn
Designed while Principal at CJMW Architecture